Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 5 - La Paz to Sorata




The picture above is overlooking La Paz.
This morning Rob and I caught a micro-bus to Sorata, Bolivia. The ride was supposed to be 4.5 hours but it ended up only being a little over 2. We also got to sit in the very front with the driver so it made the ride that much more enjoyable, especially on the mountain passes.

The scenery along the bus trip was amazing. You could see a large section of the Cordillera Real (mountain range), small villages, beautiful patchwork farming along the hillsides, and my first glimpse of Lake Titicaca!

Tomorrow we are leaving for a 3 day trek into the mountains to see several glacial lakes. I will have more details after the trip but my blog will go dark for a few days until then. I´ll blog about the whole trek the day I get back so it will all be fresh in my mind.

I´m heading out to grocery shop with the guide for our trip. See you in a few days....

No comments: