Today is my last day in Puno and I am little sad to leave but Machu Picchu is calling me and I must answer. I will be leaving later today for Cusco to figure out which trek to MP I am going to take. It should be a joyous 7 hour bus ride...but hey, I have had worse...12 hours on a shitty old bus from Bangkok to Phuket in December when I got stuck in Thailand.
As for Puno, I highly recommend everyone visit there for at least a day or two. The city has an awesome hustle and bustle about it, great restaurants, and a really cool pedestrian street with food, shops, and more! I also found a killer bakery called Ricos Pan, which has delicious baked goods, cakes, and coffee. It actually had the best coffee I have had since I got to South America, which was quite surprising. I also have to be honest and say that I went there twice a day! I am assuming I´ll burn off all the chocolate on the trek to MP so it´s fair game!
UPDATE:
The bus ride was pretty crazy. At one point there was a lady screaming at the bus helper person that loads your bags and takes tickets. I think she wanted to ride for free since the bathroom door would not shut all the way but the guy told her to sit down and pay her fare. This of course was all being yelled in Spanish. Later in the trip, we went through a military check point and they pulled one lady off the bus with all her bags. I have no idea what the deal was but I never saw her again. However, there was a guy yelling at the police outside the bus but I am pretty sure this was unrelated to her. Nothing like a little excitement for a boring bus ride!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment