Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 16 - Cusco, Peru

























Saqusaywaman Archaeological Site

Today wasn´t exactly the down day I was hoping for. I ended up buying a Boleto Turistico Del Cusco (Cusco tourist ticket) and checking out 4 archaeological sites around the area. I took a taxi 11km outside of town and walked all the way back hitting each of the sites along the way. I was able to see Tambomachay, Pukapukara, Q`enpo, and Saqsayhuaman. There are several other sites but after 4 hours and about 8 total miles of walking, I was ready to sit down, have a cup of coffee, and relax.

Right now, I am sitting on the computer desperately trying to upload a bunch of pictures. If everything goes as planned I will have pictures from Sorata (and the first trek I did) and then the pictures from Copacabana.

For now - uploading pics, packing for my Machu Picchu Trek, and then meeting the guide to figure out if there are additional things I need to bring.

Check back here a bit later...

No comments: