Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 9 - Buchs, Switzerland & Liechtenstein

Tekla and I headed out at the butt crack of dawn from Basel, Switzerland to make our way to Salzburg, Austria. On the way we had time to check out Buchs, Switzerland, which is nothing to write home about but the landscape was really nice. We went through Buchs so we could bus over to Liechtenstein so we could cross the country off the list of places we have been. The town of Vaduz, Liechtenstein has hardly anything in it though there are some neat looking government buildings. Everything there is expensive because they know people come to Liechtenstein just to say they had, and Tekla and I were no different! My advice is not to waste the time. We were there for 3 hours and that was 2 more hours than I needed to spend there.

After checking out Buchs and Vaduz we hopped back on the train to Salzburg, Austria, which is another 4 hours. I managed to almost complete a 500 page book on the train ride rather than sleep, which is probably what I should have been doing given the fact that we got up so early that morning.

Once we got to Salzburg we wandered around to find a hostel. We are staying at a super clean and very nice place called YoHo (Youth International Hostel). I highly recommend it. We actually ended up in a 6 room dorm that only had 2 other people in it. The couple must have been in there 70´s and they are Russian Jews who now live in Denver, Colorado. They were super cute and very sweet. After chatting with them for a bit Tekla and I headed out for dinner to this awesome brewery called Die Weibe. They have great beer and the food is pretty good too!

No comments: