
I made it to Zurich an hour earlier than scheduled and somehow effectively navigated the train system with the help of a local girl and an American from Oklahoma (he lives in Zurich now) who helped me find the platform for the train to Basel. Believe me, this was no easy feat. I wish I had a German translation book with me.
Anyway, I managed to make it to the Basel Hauptbahnhof station to meet Tekla in time. The next step was to get to Renate´s house. Renate is a friend of mine I met in Belize who was kind enough to let us stay with her while we are in Switzerland. We called Nicola, a friend of Renate's, to come pick us up at the train station and she took us back to their office so we could get Renate's car, directions to her flat in Seewen, and the keys.
Driving to the house was super easy though the speed limit here is insanely slow. We made it to the house in about 20 minutes from Renate's veterinarian practice and did a quick change of clothes, packing up a small day pack, and headed towards the town of Lucerne (Luzern as the Swiss spell it), which is an hour away from Seewen. We tooled around town and checked out the architecture, river walk, and had dinner before heading back to Seewen. The town itself has Bavarian architecture, which I think is really cute personally. The view of the buildings against the river and lake in the town as well as the towering peaks behind them, was really quite majestic.
I had to run but I just started a little fire in the wood burning oven she has in her house and sipping a glass of wine. It's time to relax and get a good nights sleep. Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

No comments:
Post a Comment