I must say that I have never been so wrapped up in school as I have been the last week or so working on my senior thesis. You know it's bad when my Dad says to me this morning "we were wondering what happened to you". haha
For those of you who don't know, I was writing a thesis on how Buddhism relates to Thai culture. I was inspired to write about Thailand based on my recent adventure there in November/December of 2008. In Thailand, 95% of the people identify with Theravada Buddhism so it is very much ingrained in their history, culture, and government and it is very noticeable when walking around the cities or talking with the people.
As for normal life stuff I have been busy like usual. Thursday was Gen's birthday so we went out for happy hour at Pike Place Brewery with a bunch of folks.
Friday was a belated birthday party for Nina. We went to Alibi Room and basically took over their entire downstairs area. I had never been to that bar but the pizzas were good and the atmosphere was pretty cool so I think I'll definitely go back. After hanging out there for a while I headed over to Fremont to my favorite bar, Brouwers, which has the best selection of microbrews from around the world. I went there to meet up with Travis and meet some of his best friends for the first time, who I must say are all quite hilarious. Good times in Fremont and to trying a new taco truck in Fremont!
Saturday I went to dinner at Peso's for Ben's 29th birthday with a group of about 14 or so. From there they went on to Capital Hill to a bar called The Church and Nick and I headed over to Hula Hula to sing Karaoke with Jef. I had to get him out of the house because 1) Cheri is out of town and 2) I love him! :)
Sunday was a little more chill. I actually don't think I got more than 8 hours of sleep all weekend between working on my paper and hanging out with friends. Nina and I hit up a pub called Dad Watson's that has free wifi and pretended to work on our school work. We basically ended up chatting and catching up on what has been going on in our lives.
I recently have been craving grilled cheese really bad and posted it out on my Facebook status about a week ago. Since then everyone else is craving them and many folks of indulged over the last week. There are a group of us who had still not had a grilled cheese so we threw together an impromptu grilled cheese and bananas foster party at my house! Nina, Travis, Kelly, Matt Winberry, and Matt Warmack came over to indulge and I have to say, it really hit the spot. Travis is a master grilled cheese maker as well as having perfected his own bananas foster recipe!
In conclusion, the weekend was awesome and I turned in my thesis this morning! Yay!
Click Here for Pictures of Gen's Birthday
Click Here for Pictures of Ben's Birthday and Karaoke at Hula Hula

No comments:
Post a Comment