Thursday, March 05, 2009

Elbow and Feet Update

I have good news all around! I got x-rays done on my elbows and feet this week and the general consensus is that everything is healed! I couldn't be happier about this! I knew my elbows were going to fine but they said my feet would take 4-6 weeks and I was only 3 days into my 5th week. I was telling folks earlier in the week that I could feel it in my heart and body that my feet were healed. This is the first time I could just feel it...knew it.

Anyway, I'm out of the walking boots, which I call my FMB's. If you don't know what that means look it up on urban dictionary, but if you don't already know then it might be best left that way :)

I went to PT today and he said no more boots, wear tennis shoes. I am using my hiking poles to help me balance until I get the lateral movement and ankle muscles back. I think it will take some time to do that but I'm determined to do these exercises and ice my feet so I can get back to walking normally and getting my hike and climb on! Things are on the up and up!

Oh, one other thing. I lost about 10lbs since I broke my feet. I have withered away to nothing. I dropped a pant size and so none of my jeans fit and my belts are too big. I'm gonna have to eat and workout a ton to get my butt (literally and figuratively) back in shape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great news Erin! I am very glad that you healed up so quickly. If you feel the need, you can always bust out the FMB's before hitting up the bar.