Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 16 & 17 - Bangkok to Phuket

Last night I took a 12 hour overnight bus to Phuket. Let me tell you, it was a real joy..NOT! However, it's the only way to get here because of the protesters.

After Phil and I watched the news yesterday morning and went by some airlines we quickly realized it would be a month before we'd get out at the rate things were rolling. We had access to free hotels and free food from the Thailand Tourism Board but that is not enough to make me want to stay. I love Thailand but I want to get out. It's something about being held against your will in a situation where the government is not doing anything about it. Phil and I went straight to the internet cafe and figured out a way home. We will be putting the plan in place tomorrow so wish us luck!

I'll write more on the topic later. For now, I'm going to go lay on the beach and drink a beer, I need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The funny thing to me is that when you decided that Bangkok wasn't going to work, you went to a place phonetically call "Fuck it". I hope that you get home safely!