I moved hotels to the President Park Hotel in Sukhumvit on Soi 24. I am still hanging out with Leo and Phil but we now know for sure that Leo is getting to leave tomorrow. He gets to fly out of the military airport about 2 hours away from Bangkok as some airlines have moved their flights out of there. Unfortunately, Phil's flight is definitely cancelled and mine is up in the air. I have done about all I can do on the calling front as far as airlines go I just have to sit and wait to see what happens. I may be lucky and get out but there is absolutely no telling. There are rumors of the airport opening at 6 pm tomorrow but I don't think that is very likely based on what I've seen in the news.
On another note, I'm in good spirits and did a little Bangkok exploring today. We went to the big mall called Siam Square and also to Khoa Son road and did a little shopping and street food browsing. Bangkok is insanely busy and the traffic is hellacious. I like the city so far but I don't think I could ever live here. You have to take metered taxi's or you will get screwed on the fare and no matter how close you're going it takes a while to get there because of traffic. Other than that, it's probably a pretty awesome place to live for those who can stomach big city living, which I certainly can't.
Anyway, we bought a burned movie off the street for $3 so we're going to watch it and then catch up on the news before bed. We are all exhausted from the long ride in the van yesterday.
OH, I almost forgot. I got us hooked up with a ride to Bangkok by asking around the various tour groups and such on Railey Beach. We ended up getting the pimpest ride you've ever seen. It was basically a van turned into a limo. It had a big tv screen in it so we got to watch movies with surround sound, bass, etc the whole way to Bangkok!
Ok, bed time now...another update later...
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment