I got up around 6 a.m. and walked around town to find a place to eat breakfast. Once I settled on a place I relaxed and watch the busy streets while enjoying my eggs, toast, and ham, which only cost me $2 dollars. I love how cheap everything is!
I walked down to the climbing shop and met up with Eric, our guide (Muad), and a few other folks who were hitching a ride out to the crag. I met 2 couples from Colorado and a girl from San Francisco. The Colorado couples told me all the Americans they had met, which weren't very many, were from Seattle. I have yet to find these Seattlites but maybe I will at some point.
Crazy Horse has some of the most incredible natural rock features I have ever seen. I can't even begin to describe how amazing the climbs are. However, what I can say is that there are huge huecos, stalactites, etc that you climb through and over. I can only hope I get a chance to come back here and get to climb more routes out here.
We climbed:
The Furnace
1) Easy Bake Oven 5b+ (5.8)
2) Back Burner 6a+ (5.10b)
3) Fire in the Mind 6a (5.10a)
Crazy Horse
4) Ayah! 6a (5.10a)
5) Kee Dtak (Thai for Diarrhea) 6b (5.10c/d)
6) Crazy Hot 6b (5.10c/d)
7) Gruntfest 6c (5.11a)
After we got back from climbing Eric and I grabbed dinner at a local spot near the shop that was very tasty. I had red curry chicken and it was delicious...not eating Thai food for 2 months prior to the trip was an excellent idea because I am enjoying it so much more!
Shower time! I'll be on in a bit to post pictures...
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment