I left Seattle at 12:30 p.m. but before we left there were several Federal Air Marshalls checking people at the gate. Apparently, they didn't find what they were looking for if they were in fact looking for something specific. Either way, I made it to Tokyo on the 10+ hour flight. I watched 4 movies because I knew I needed to get on Thailand's time zone if I was to survive my first day here. I watched Wanted, Walle, Mamma Mia, and Dark Knight. I hope they have more choices for the flight home or I'm screwed! Anyway, I had a 2 hour layover in Tokyo and then off I went to Bangkok sleeping the whole flight. When I got to Bangkok I had to hang around the airport for 4 hours until I could check into my flight for Chiang Mai. A quick 1 hour flight and here I am sitting at an internet cafe that is part of the guesthouse I am staying in.
I'll be staying at SK House because it seems like a good location and the place is super cute. Hopefully this will make it easy for me to meet other tourists without staying in a true hostel. If I find a cool hostel today I may move tomorrow but for now I plan on staying here.
Room is ready so it's time to shower off the 20+ hours of travel and hit the road to experience Thai culture!!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment