Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 11 - Tonsai, Thailand

I arrived in Bangkok from Siem Reap, Cambodia and caught a flight to Krabi, which puts me in one of the best climbing destinations in the world! Unfortunately, it was pouring down rain when I got there but I had hopes for better weather for the rest of the week as I am staying here through Friday. I was waiting for my long tail boat to take me over to Tonsai or Railey Beach so I could find a bungalow to rent. I ended up meeting these 3 guys from the U.S.; 2 from Alaska (Mark and Leo) and 1 from Texas (Phil). As soon as we got to Tonsai we drank a few beers, swapped travel stories, and then started hunting down a cool place to stay.

After we settled in at Mountain View Bungalows They started drinking these "buckets", which are filled with Thai Whiskey (it's really rum) with Coke and Thai Red Bull. Thai Red Bull is like crack in a glass bottle. I personally have not been drinking it but I've heard stories. Fortunately, I did not partake in the heavy drinking but I got to watch the shenanigans unfold. It involved me helping a drunk guy who could not walk straight up a big muddy hill and back to the place he was sleeping. The story is priceless but I'm not going to tell the whole thing here...for another time. Lets just say I was laughing so hard I was wiping tears off my face the entire way back!

No comments: