Saturday, October 03, 2009

Surfing & Football




Today Shawn and I got up early and headed into town for breakfast and to see the surf competition. We wandered around on the beach and watched the surfers and did some people watching.

When it got closer to game time we checked out a couple of sports bars and settled on one to watch the UGA game and ended up catching part of the Alabama game as well.

As for UGA, we played pretty terribly except for an amazing showing the entire 3rd quarter. I wish I knew what happened to us during the 4th quarter but I think mostly we lost the game because of a bad over celebration call by ref that gave us a 15 yard penalty at a crutial point in the game.


After a dissapointing loss, we got in the car and headed south on Hwy 101 to camp at Gold Bluffs Beach. On the way down we got to see a heard of elk grazing in a field, which was pretty cool but not nearly as awesome as the view we have on the beach where we are camping!


No comments: