Friday, October 02, 2009

Roadtrip 2009

Back in 2007, Shawn and I took a roadtrip to South Dakota to hang out with his parents in the Black Hills, check out Mt. Rushmore, The Needles, Custer, The Badlands, and Yellowstone.

I missed the South Dakota roadtrip this year so we decided to hit the road and head south as soon as I got back from Europe. Our goal is to go to Redwood National Park, Yosemite, and Crater Lake. We may also go wine tasting in the Willamette Valley if there is time.

Yesterday morning we hit the road and made it down to Redwood National Park. I am amazed at how gigantic these trees really are! We found a campsite right by a tree that was wider than Shawn's Explorer!

We made camp, started a campfire, and cooked up some delicious jumbalaya with spicy sausage. It was nice to chill at camp and play cards in such a beautiful forested area.

Tomorrow we are heading into town to check out a surf competition and then watch the UGA vs LSU game before doing some hikes through the Redwoods.


No comments: