Sunday, April 05, 2009

Weekend

This weekend was relatively chill compared to most weekends. I have to say it was a nice change of pace!

Friday - I went to see "Wishful Drinking" by (and starring) Carrie Fisher. The show was absolutely hilarious and I think I would like to see it again! Thanks to Scott for the ticket!

Saturday - I helped teach Spire 1, which is one of the outings for the Washington Alpine Clubs basic climbing course. I was a group leader so I was able to move to all the stations and help instruct students on the proper way to rappel, climb, belay, and prussik.

Sunday - I went for a 6 mile hike with Lace and Jef up Squak Mountain. It was a quick "in the city" style hike but we ended up hiking in the snow for quite a bit. It feels good to be getting out and about even with my feet having been broken just 9 weeks ago. I am amazed at how quickly I am able to bounce back but also realizing I need to pace myself so I don't get hurt. However, things are progressing nicely and I am pleased to say I can hike 6 miles and climb in rock shoes already!

The weather this weekend has been truly amazing. I am going out to enjoy more sunshine and warmth! I'll post some pictures from this weekend later this week.

Pictures from last weekend:
Click Here for Pictures of karaoke at Kate's Pub

Click Here for Pictures from Jason's Sleepover Party

No comments: