Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Newborns

I just can't get over how beautiful Greyson is. He seriously has to be one of the cutest babies ever! He is super quiet, rarely cries, and does not wake easily to loud noises (i.e. dog barking near him as this has happened many times), not to mention the adorable faces he makes when he sleeps.

This morning Jenna and I hung out while I held the baby and she cooked herself breakfast. He must have slept in my arms for close to 2 hours before it happened. He farted. It didn't smell...it was actually kind of cute. He did it again. We laughed. A few minutes went by and then he let out a really loud one and we all started laughing. Then I felt wetness on my fingers. He peed on me! He had peed so much since he fell asleep that the diaper was full and it was coming out the back of the diaper! It was hilarious and my jeans of course had to be washed...

Tonight Jason, Jenna, and my Mom were giving Greyson his first bath at home. He was crying because he really wasn't happy about being wet and hungry. Jenna wrapped him up in his towel when they were done and started to feed him. We were all hanging out making fun of how humongous Jenna's boobs had become in the last 2 days from the milk. They have probably quadrupled in size! Then it happened...he let out another fart and you can guess what came with it. We all started hysterically laughing to the point we couldn't breathe. Once we were able to gather ourselves, Jenna and I started to clean him up and put on a diaper. I was holding his legs up in the air and he projectile pooped! It went flying past Jenna and landed on the rug. Good thing rugs can be washed! I almost died. I don't think I've laughed this hard in a really long time...

This then led to Jason, Mom, and I figuring out how to use the sterilizer, breast pump, and some other contraption I can't remember the name of. Needless to say, we couldn't figure out how to use the manual breast pump so that led my Mom and I to make a run to Walmart (Target was closed) at 11:30 at night to try to buy an electric one. They did not have the one my sister wanted so I'll be taking a trip to Babies R' Us tomorrow to get the right one.

I'm sure these are all "you had to be there moments" but I just thought it was too funny for me to not remember in the future when he's old enough that I can embarrass him in front of his friends! Plus, this is a neat experience. I'm an aunt for the first time in my life and I'm learning all kinds of things I never wanted to know! haha It's fun to watch and learn with my sister and Jason since none of us know much about how the process works in the beginning with a newborn.

...uploading pictures tomorrow...

1 comment:

Tom Kaupe said...

Eeeeewww. Poop!