Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Atlanta? Seattle?

Seattle has felt like home to me for a long time. It is always the place I look forward to going back to whenever I leave Atlanta. This past trip to Atlanta was the longest amount of time I have spent in Atlanta since I moved to Seattle, by a long shot. This trip to Atlanta was different in so many ways for me. I didn't want to leave and I actually cried in the car on the way to the airport and several times on the plane back to Seattle.

Is it because I am now an aunt and have an adorable nephew I want to spend time with? Is it because I feel closer to my sister than ever? Is it because I was able to watch a small portion of the pregnancy, preparation, the birth at the hospital, followed by learning new things about babies along with my sister? Or maybe it's because I realized that Jenna and Jason are going to make amazing parents? I think it's a little bit of all of the above as well as being able to spend time with the rest of my family and remembering how great it is to be around them.

I am not going to lie, I have thought several times: Could I live in Atlanta? Would I be happy? I think the answer is yes I could, but I would not be happy. I hate that I can't just move back there. I wish I could magically transport the life I have out here back to Atlanta. Regardless, I told myself during Christmas last year that I would make an effort to come back to Atlanta more than once a year. It looks like I'll be going back at least 3-4 times a year now!

Click Here for Pictures of My Nephew

Click Here for Random Atlanta Pictures

No comments: