Thursday, April 16, 2009

I hate Delta (Atlanta)

The trip to Atlanta was hellacious. My step-dad called me to tell me that my flight was delayed from 2 p.m. to 3:55 p.m. It sucks when your flight is delayed but hell it was only 2 hours so I couldn't complain. However, after going through security the flight screens showed that it was now delayed until 6:40 p.m. I was annoyed but thought I could just relax at one of the restaurants, sip a beer, and surf the internet. I met some Canadians and chatted with them for a while and then decided to head over to the gate to see what the delay was all about. As I walked past the flight screen again I I glanced over and saw that it was now delayed until 9:50 p.m. Forget it, I'm going home. I called my friend Jef, who was fortunately still at work in Kent, and he scooped me up from the airport and took me home.

I decided to use my time wisely and went to the gym for a run and weight lifting. Then, Tekla scooped me up and we did a bit of quick trip planning for Europe and then she whisked me back to the airport. Of course, there was no plane at my gate. We ended up delayed until 10:30 p.m. and then I was off on my now red-eye flight...yippee.

Anyway, the good part of the story is that I am back in Atlanta for a little while to visit the family and help my sister out. She is having a baby! He was actually due on my birthday but he was not ready to grace the world with his presence so we are waiting around for that day to come...at the latest it will be Monday! This is my first time as an aunt and I'm pretty excited about it!

No comments: