I jotted down some things I forgot to write about that may not mean much to you but it is things that I would like to remeber so I'm making a list of "mental notes".
When we went snorkling we had this guide that would dive down and point to fish and corals and then come up and tell us what they were to help us remember the local oceanlife. Those of you who know me know that I hyperventilate when snorkling. I decided I would take a chance and see if it got the best of me still at the age of 24. Fortunately for me and the people in my boat I was able to take deep breathes, relax, and enjoy myself. phew...
The amusing thing for me was that he kept looking at me and saying "are you ok?" and I would laugh and say yes I was that I was just getting the salt water out of my snorkle. I was actually quite comfortable even with the big sting rays and massive fish swimming between my legs in schools. Throughout the time I was swimming behind him we started playing a game of "do you know what that is?" since I told him I was pretty knowledgable in tropical saltwater fish. All in all it was a lot of fun and Melody and I got to enjoy making fun of the weird couple that was with us in our boat but of course, we did not let them know we were >:)
What else do I want to remember...
First day I got attacked by bugs...sand fleas or mosquitos I will never know but I still have the bites on my legs and I resist itching them all the time. It's quite annoying really.
Other things to remember:
-Our fun game/taunt of - Where's your passport? (paranoid about making sure we have it)
-What time is it? (Melody and I do not have watches so we constantly bug him with asking the time.
The Orb. We need to buy a hat tonight, yes definitely tonight. Belikin. Melody almost getting hit on her bike by a golf cart. The faitful corner. Mud puddles.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had absolutely no idea that you had issues going under water with snorkeling gear. I haven't told anyone this, but when I went on a cruise last spring I went scuba diving and when I was under I had a good reminder of how long it had been since my last dive...I started to hyperventilate! It sucked but I was able to relax after a couple of minutes. I am glad that you were able to relax because once you are relax you get to see a whole new world!
Post a Comment