Monday, November 19, 2007

Belize Day 4

We got up at 7 a.m. to go reef fishing - barracuda, black grouper, sailfish, etc. Our captain caught some bait and we were on our way when a huge storm rolled in. We decided to turn back and go back to sleep for a few hours :)

This afternoon we walked into town and did a little more exploring. We had a Belizian pizza and I must say that it was most excellent. I think we are all seafooded out (I realize that's not a real word but I don't care!).

I am going to rent a golf cart today because I feel like I can't leave this place without doing as the locals and cruising down the busy streets of Ambergris Caye dodging bicycles, tourists, taxis, scooters, and golf carts.

As I look out the window while typing on this computer in paradise I see a thatched roof awning and hammocks with people just relaxing and enjoying the cool ocean breeze. The water is clear and you can see schools of fish cruising by. I realize how great it must be to live on an island that is so carefree. The days move slowly and everyone is on "Belize time", which consists of being about 15 minutes behind on everything. I think I've begun to adjust to the slow pace of island living and I am enjoying it.

Tomorrow - water taxi, bus, San Ignacio here we come!

No comments: