Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snowing in Seattle!




















It decided to snow in Seattle last night! I am like a kid in a candy store when I see snow fall in the city like Saturday night. For whatever reason, I get a huge grin on my face and can't stop staring out the window. I think it's party because I grew up in Georgia without any snow and partly because it awakens this holiday spirit within me. I snapped this picture late last night.

As for the rest of the weekend it was parties, parties, and more parties. I have been getting home around 3 a.m. and sleeping until noon so the rest of the weekend has been relatively unproductive but that's the price you pay for fun! I should have forced myself to go to bed early so I could ski but none of the resorts are in full operation yet so I chose to hold out.

Friday night I went to my companies Christmas party downtown. It was a lot of fun so I was glad I decided to stop by but not as many people showed up as I would have expected. There was an incredibly small representation of our Engineering team there, which I was a little surprised about. However, the food and company were great as usual and we had a good time! I left the party around 9:30 to meet up with the girls. We were doing Girls Night to celebrate. It was Cheri, Lace, Stephanie, and I. We started out at Stumbling Goat and ended up at Prost. I am sure we all had a little too much wine and beer that night but it was a great time! (We had planned to get up and climb the next morning but none of us made it! haha) We met some random guys at the bar and they referred to us as "Sex and the City" so we embraced it and picked our respective characters!

Click Here for Pictures of Girls Night

Saturday I slept until noon and then went on a pseudo date with a guy who picked me up at a restaurant the other day. It was surprisingly fun to chat with him and we hit it off. Maybe I will see him again or maybe I won't. I'm not really looking for a relationship because I've got a lot of skiing to do this winter and a lot of climbing to do next summer. However, I'm thinking the next guy I date should not be as into the same activities as me because it means you end up spending every waking minute together and that can be damaging for a relationship. I digress...

I got to pick up my skis on Saturday so they are all tuned up, base is repaired, and they are ready to rock! I can't wait to hit the slopes! After picking up my skis I got some time to relax before heading downtown. I got to Gayle's around 6pm to make gingerbread houses with the gang. We made a HUGE mess so I'm so glad Gayle thought to put a sheet down on the floor before we started dumping candy, frosting, and the like all over the floor. Andy and I successfully got the award for making the biggest mess! Once we finished our houses we headed over to Kari's place to pre-funk for Jeff's birthday and then we were on to Del Rey. We got to walk in the snow the whole way! I forgot to take a lot of pictures but there were tons of cameras around so I'm sure I'll be able to post more later...

Click Here for Pictures of Gingerbread Houses & Jeff's Bday Party

Tonight it is off to the Seattle Anti-Freeze Holiday Party at Black Bottle!

No comments: