Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holidays in Atlanta - Part 1 & Pictures

I am not sure I mentioned this before but being that my parents are divorced I have to split my time. It's actually really crappy because I want to see all of my parents every day but it just can't be done that easily. With that said I have broken up my trip into 2 parts. The first part is with my Dad and Susan.

Saturday - Dad and Susan picked me up from the airport and we hung out at the house with the puppies waiting for my Aunt, cousin, and a close family friend, David, to come so we could go out for dinner. We ate at Joey D's and had a chance to catch up. It was great to see everyone!

Sunday - Susan and I went shopping at Perimeter Mall and scored quite a lot of cute things! I have no idea how I am going to get all of this stuff home but I will figure out a way! After we shopped until we literally wanted to drop, we scooped up my Dad from the house and headed downtown.

I had never been to the Georgia Aquarium (it opened a couple years after I moved to Seattle) so it was on my list of things to do while I was here. I was unaware of this until I got there, but the aquarium in Georgia is the largest aquarium in the world! They are currently building a dolphin area so that will increase the massiveness that already exists! I have to say, I was highly impressed by the aquarium. The exhibits were well designed and the collection of fish were quite amazing! I am really glad Susan was able to get tickets for us so we could go! After the aquarium we went to Stoney River for steaks, which were delicious, but I think I gained 5 lbs!

Monday - I worked from home part of the day since I decided not to take vacation days. I got to meet up with my mom, step grandfather, and step sister for lunch and a little shopping. After that I met up with my dad and we went by my old office so I could catch up with folks and see all the changes they've made to the office. It was good to catch up with everyone quickly and see how the film industry has changed over the last 5 years or so. Dad and I headed downtown to pick up Susan, see her office, and head to dinner at the BEST Mexican restaurant in Atlanta. Much to my surprise there were two family friends there to surprise me! It was great to see Barb and Tom as it had been years since I had seen them last. Barb used to live down the street from my dad and we used to spend time with her so I've known her most of my life. I was really glad they came because it was a great surprise!

Tuesday - I worked from home again and then headed to the mall to return a pair of shoes I bought and run a few errands for my folks. Once I finished that I took the dogs for a walk/hike with my Dad. When Susan got home from work they opened up the presents I got for them and then we went to the neighbors for a little get together before dinner. Uncle Jack came over to have ribs and catch up. It's always great to see him! He's not really my uncle but as far as I'm concerned, he's family! He's part of our regular UGA tailgate group and lives pretty close to my folks in Atlanta. His whole family is like family to us so it's nice.

After dinner, I headed to Taco Mac to catch up with a few friends from high school (Jennifer, Brad, and Mike Bowen) and then back to Brad's place downtown. It's always funny to meet up with folks from the past and tell stories from the past and present. It was great to see them!

Click Here for Pictures of Christmas Part 1

No comments: