Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Gearing Up...

Well, I am gearing up to go backpacking this weekend. Andrew and I have made frequent stops at REI and Second Ascent trying to get last minute items we might need. While I'm on the subject I have a confession to make. I, Erin Rifkin, am an outdoor gear junky. I own to much, I want to much, and I am obsessed with REI. I gear hunt online and in the stores. Although I usually research and carefully pick something out before buying it, I am still a gear junky.

Whew...now that I got that off my chest...

We head out as soon as I get off work on Friday to go over to the Olympic Peninsula. Hopefully we will make it there well before dark so we don't have to hike too far at night. The first camping spot is 4 miles in, which shouldn't be any problem I just don't want to have to do it at night with a heavy pack and a headlamp.

I will not be posting anymore until Monday night or Tuesday morning when I get back from my trip and have time to sift through the pictures. I am trying not to post too many pictures but it's soooo hard because it's nice having a picture journal with minimal commentary and maybe a few quick stories. :)

I will end my blog for the day and wish me good luck on my journey!

1 comment:

Aethlos said...

love the blog... i feel like i went camping with you.