Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My feet hurt

No shocker there considering I broke BOTH of them! It takes a really special person to do such a thing ;)

I'm off to the Orthopedic Surgeon in a couple hours. I'll have more details on how long it will take to heal, instructions on what I need to do to speed up the process, etc.

Yesterday I laid in bed all day and worked from home. I feel so fortunate that I have a job that can be done from home otherwise I'd be in a significantly more difficult spot. I am also fortunate that I live in a city with a great bus system that is completely handicap accessible. My friend Gayle asked around and found a scooter for me to use! Jason went to pick it up last night and he and Tom put it together at the house. I'll be able to scoot too and from work starting next week when the doc clears me to be more mobile!

I also have to say that I have truly great friends. I really have very little mobility for the next week or two and they have offered to come over and hang out, bring lunch or dinner, etc. This type of situation really shows you who your true friends are because they are there for you in a time of need. They have even gone as far as to come over and pick me up and carry me to the car and else where so I can hang out with friends and live a semblance of a normal life. Thanks everyone, I love you guys!

No comments: