Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Karma

I have a friend who lives in Montana. His name is Jay, or some people call him Jason. I've known him almost as long as I've lived in Washington as he used to live here too. We talk online no matter where we live or are located overseas. I've followed his adventures in India over email and he's followed my travel adventures over my blog.

Last night, Jay sends me a message on MSN messenger saying "So, karma has an ironic sense of humor..." I sat with baited breath as I couldn't imagine what he was about to say...

One thing I can always count on him doing is making fun of me for hurting myself. Well, guess what? He broke his left foot this weekend in the same spot I broke mine. Now is that karma or what?! I would never wish pain be inflicted on him for making fun of me. I should be made fun! The story of how I broke my feet is funny and one I'll be able to tell for years. It's great. Who else do you know that can break their feet running in heels? Only one, Erin Rifkin.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny. Of course, Jay is a man's man so he will not be doing anything to help himself. I told him to get crutches and stay off it for a week at the least if he was refusing to do nothing. Jay, if you're reading this, I hope your foot gets better soon!

No comments: