As soon as we got off the dive boat we had to go get our car rental from Europcar and head to Townsville to pick up Matt's friend Ashely from her cousins house. The 3 of us are planning on spending a couple of days in the Whitsundays Islands and then make our way towards Brisbane for Ashley's grandpas 90th birthday party. From what I have heard about her family it is going to be like a combo of my family and the Kardashians....I can't wait!!!
Anyway, the drive between Cairns and Townsville was beautiful. We saw rainforest, mountains, farms, kangaroos, etc. We also managed to get pulled over by the cops within the first hour of our drive....don't worry we got away with a warning. I am sure the guy was thinking "stupid Americans" as he walked away.
We got to Townsville around 10pm to get Ashley and hit the road for Whitsundays. We arrived around 12:30am without a clue about where we were or what it looked like. When we got up and wandered town I was amazed at how beautiful it was! We wandered town, hung out at a pub, relaxed in the town lagoon (swimming pool) and booked our actives for tomorrow.
It is bedtime for me because we have a 7:25am pick up for a catamaran trip to Whitehaven Beach, which is supposed the #1 beach in the world!

No comments:
Post a Comment