Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend at Vantage

This weekend Cheri, Lace, Andy, Kate, Tracy and I went climbing at Vantage. Sketchy, Laurel, Travis, and Cara were there as well and camped with us but we climbed as separate groups. We got in a lot of routes considering it was 97+ degrees outside and it was so hot/dry that you couldn't drip sweat it just evaporated. Needless to say, my fingertips are a little burnt and sore but I had a great time!

High of the trip: Climbing a TR 5.10c clean
Low of the trip: How freakin' hot it was!

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/erinrifkin/WeekendAtVantage

First day I lead:
5.8 Battle of Insecurity
5.9 Winter Sun and Fun
5.8 Tunnel Vision
5.9 Adequate Delusions
5.9 Unnamed to right of Hardening the Arteries
5.9 Me too

Second day we top roped and I climbed all routes clean:
5.10c Burning Spears
5.10a unnamed to left of Burning Spears
5.10a Tomato Paste

Called it a day after the 3 climbs and went to the river before we keeled over in the heat and then to Ellensburg for lunch on the way home.

No comments: