Friday, April 25, 2008

Snow Camping Galore!

Later this afternoon I will be heading out with some folks to go snow camping at Guye Peak in the Snoqualmie area. We are hiking up a group tent. Apparently that means we're the cool kids and have the "party tent". We will have to hike down Saturday morning to Guye Cabin (The Washington Alpine Club built/owns the cabin) to get all the WAC students for their Snow 1 class. We will be teaching them ice axe arrest, z-pulleys, ascending and descending, camp kitchens, etc.

I am a group leader and my group rocks! We had to come up with a name for our team and it's WWtMD? = "What Would the Mounties Do?". If you don't live in WA or don't know anything about The Mountaineers then you probably didn't get the joke :)

I'm sure I will have lots of fun pictures to post on Sunday or Monday so keep your eye out...

No comments: