Sunday, April 20, 2008

Late April and snowing?

Well, as of Friday we had 1 fresh foot of snow on the ground in the mountains. That's right folks, it's towards the end of April and dumping snow like it is mid-winter!

Saturday I got up bright and early to head up to Mt. Erie and it was dumping snow up there as well and Mt. Erie is at sea level so that gives you an idea of what it's been like around the whole state. A bunch of folks from the WAC went to Vertical World later that day to climb and then out for beers and food - good times. I actually climbed really well so I was stoked about that!

Today Cheri and I headed up to Snoqualmie because I was doing a photo shoot for Steve for Cloudveil lifestyle that was geared towards in-bounds skiers. It was fun and not nearly as cold as the trail running shoot! The three of us headed up the chair lift later that morning and got to ski knee deep powder! Woo hoo!

A few pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/erinrifkin/SkiingAlpental

No comments: