Thursday, April 03, 2008

Is it true?

I always find it funny (funny is not the right word but it will do) that people begin to tell lies or stretch the truth in self-defense, even if there is nothing to defend. It's almost like an automatic reaction for some people to react in that way. Unfortunately, that recently happened to me and I had to set things straight. I went to the person in a completely appropriate and non-defensive manner to discuss this and let them know that I felt it was out of line and uncalled for to act in that way, I got no response. I can't help but laugh at myself, once again, having to be the bigger person. Why can't we all be the proverbial bigger person? Immaturity is the only answer I have for that question...

What do you think?

4 comments:

Max said...

Does this have anything to do with the workplace?

Anonymous said...

No, it actually doesn't :)

TD said...

Immaturity/insecurity. That's about the only explanation there is...

Sarah said...

Makes complete sense, however I'm confused as how no response = lies or stretching truth... maybe they just didn't have the same view and didn't want to hash it out? Hard to say, really. Everyone does things for different reasons. I know I just drop things if I feel that there's no way other than to agree to disagree and I don't feel like breaking a 40 over the crub and cutting a bitch. Otherwise you know I go for blood. :-)