I was in ATL for a couple of days with my dad and step-mom and then headed up to my mom and step-dad's cabin where I will be spending the rest of the week. It has been good to see and be with my family because I see them so little during the year. However, it also brings up sadness because I think of James.
For those of you who don't know, my family, and more importantly my sister, lost someone very close to us. James was my sisters boyfriend for 4 years and a part of our family. I saw him all the time when I was living back home and since I've moved I have seen him on all the major holidays that I've gone back. He was a part of our family like a son to my mom and I have so many fond memories of fun times we had. He dropped out of high school when he was a Freshman and my mom, stepdad, and sister inspired him to get his GED and go to college. He was a great boyfriend to my sister and always treated her so well. He was such a nice person, caring, and always there for you if you needed it.
I was sitting next to him at my sisters graduation in May and shooting the shit with him and telling funny stories. I was telling him how proud I was of him that he was a year out from graduating from college at Georgia Southern and how proud he should be of himself. About a month or so later I got a call from my step-sister saying he had been killed.
Being home has brought up memories of him and I just want to cry. In fact, I am crying. Coming home has solidified the fact that he is really gone. It's Christmas and he should be here with us. His stocking should be hung up next to ours like it was for so many years. My sister has not let go and brings his urn with her as it is with us right now. As soon as she put it in the car and I was sitting in the car alone I started talking to him telling him hello and how much we all cared for him. It was my time to make peace with his death.
I guess you never truly know if your time with a person is your last or your 100th to last. Even if they find his killer it will never bring him back.
James Chang: RIP you will always be in our hearts.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment