This weekend is Kari's birthday celebration and we are going car camping at Baker Lake. If I get a wild hair I may go solo Tomyhoi, which is an easy scramble that is somewhat near the area I am camping in. Otherwise, I may just do a little trail running. I threw all my stuff together quickly before heading out to the Sounders game last night.
This morning, it's prepping for the Euro trip...
I hate packing, especially when it is for a trip overseas. I never know how much or how little to bring. When it comes to traveling to third world countries I have the packing list down because I don't need much and I don't need anything nice. However, this time I am going to Europe and that opens a whole new can of worms when it comes to the right things to pack. On top of that, I'm going to Atlanta first so I need warm weather clothes to deal with the sweltering heat and humidity of the south!
I am secretly looking forward to going to what my mom calls "a normal country" as in non third world. It will be nice to be able to drink the water, not worry about the food, flush toilet paper down the toilet, etc....all creature comforts of living in the United States that you don't even think about until you live for a month or longer without them in another country. This should be a nice little adventure and I'm stoked I'm meeting up with Tekla there as well as seeing some friends I have met through my travels! I know we are going to have a blast!
Off to pack up the car for the camping trip...
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The nice thing about going somewhere "normal" is that if you forget it you can buy it there!
Post a Comment