Monday, August 17, 2009

Mount Maude & Seven Finger Jack



















This past weekend I headed out to the Entiat Mountains (part of the Cascade Range) with Jack and Rob to climb a few of Washington's top 100 peaks. The intention was to tag at least 3-5 peaks in 3 days. However, due to an epic we only got 2 - Mount Maude and Seven Finger Jack and headed home a day early.

At first, I thought I would write a trip report like I have for the last couple trips, but I decided not to. I summit Mount Maude and Seven Finger Jack in under 3 hours to the summit. All in all my speed is still increasing though there were some route finding issues that caused the slower times on these peaks. I could probably have done each in 2 hours rather than 2 hours 40 minutes and would have been able to do both in a day if I had listened to my gut instinct about where to go for the traverse rather than listening to someone else. Lesson learned.

I am glad I was able to climb at least 2 peaks and check out that area. I will definitely be back next season to climb Mount Fernow and Copper Mountain on another 3 day trip. I'm also hoping to get a chance to climb with Rob again since we didn't get a chance to climb together this weekend.

The moral of the story is: Only take on large climbing trips with those you trust and have climbed with before.

Click Here for Pictures

No comments: