Friday, July 10, 2009

Lake Shasta - 4th of July




Every 4th of July weekend a group of friends has a houseboat party on Lake Shasta in California. This year they rented 3 houseboats, 1 speed boat, and invited 45 friends down to relax and party out on the lake. I have to say that this was by far one of the best weekends I have had that is non-mountain related! I had an amazing time and have tons of ridiculous stories and memories from this trip!

Warmack, Travis, Sean, and I headed down on Wednesday night so we could do all the shopping at Costco on Thursday before the crew came down. We had to get all the food and booze necessary for 4 days and 3 nights on the boats. I was in Costco for 5 hours on Thursday shopping...it was rather humorous for the most part but I never want to spend that much time in a Costco ever again!

Thursday night everyone drove down from Seattle to meet us at the hotel and we hung out for the night, had a big group dinner, and went to bed somewhat early to get ready for the mayhem that would ensue.

I'll leave the stories out of this blog post but if you really want to know you can ask me. I may be able to share a story or two that are not incriminating for those involved. ;)

No comments: