First off, I must say that Tom Petty was incredible life - straight up jam session. I wish we had been able to get there earlier to get better seats but the music was great nonetheless. There had been an accident on the road that leads to the Gorge so we sat in the car and drank beer while creeping along until we got to the parking lot.
NOTE: I do not condone drinking and driving but we were going 2 miles an hour for over an hour and the cops didn't care! I am fairly certain that every car was doing the same thing.
After the show some of the group drove to Lake Chelan, some camped at the Gorge, and Bram and I camped at Vantage because it's quiet, beautiful, and free! In the morning the groups that stayed around the Gorge met up for breakfast and then off to Chelan we went.
2 days on a boat out on the lake, grilling on the bbq, and overall relaxation were much needed and much appreciated. I had an awesome time and I am so thankful to Aimee and Dave for letting Bram and I stay in their awesome lake house!
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/erinrifkin/TomPettyLakeChelan

No comments:
Post a Comment