Sunday, October 30, 2011

Getting to Australia

Hello world! It has been ages since I have written and I feel bad about that. My blog has always been a diary of sorts and I plan to return as I believe this trip will invigorate my love of blogging about my adventures.

I woke up on Saturday, October 29th excited to fly to Vegas for a night with friends to celebrate Halloweeen before heading off to Oz (Australia), only to find an email from my friend Matt about Qantas Airlines being on strike. We didn't know if we were going to make it to Australia on time let alone at all. Typically, I would panic in this situation, and I would be lying if I say I didn't for an hour or two, but then I realized it is all part of the adventure so bring it on!

My friend Matt Warmack and I boarded our plane to Vegas without knowing what the next day would bring, but with a mission to tear it up in Vegas! We checked into Cosmopolitan hotel, changed into our group costume (Golf Pros and Tennis Hoes), and hit the town. We hit multiple lobby bars from Mandalay Bay and Cosmo including getting all of our drinks comped courtesy of my friend Ben getting soaked by our waiter at RM restaurant. All in all the night was a success and a ton of fun!

The next morning, we decided to drive to Los Angeles to see if the Qantas strike had ended. The road trip between Vegas and LA proved to be a lot cooler than I thought it would be. We called the airlines and checked online during the trip and it looked like there was a decent chance the flight might go. We risked it and came out on top! Our flight was a go, which was the first Qantas LA flight that was allowed to fly. They gave Matt and I each a $50 voucher to buy food because catering didn't have enough time to prep our flight. Either way, I was happy to be leaving on time!

Sydney....here I come!

No comments: