Back in 1996, Atlanta hosted the Summer Olympics. I remember how awesome the feeling was for it to be in my hometown and for me to be there and be a part of it. I have always wanted to have the chance to go to another Olympics but have not had the opportunity. However, this year I've been fortunate enough to have another Olympics practically in my backyard. The 2010 Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver, BC, which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Seattle.
I got a wild hair and decided to drive up to Vancouver and see if I would able to get into an Olympic event as I had heard it was possible to scalp tickets. I was able to score a ticket to the Women's Ski Ariel's Final event. It was awesome to be able to spend the day in Vancouver and soak up the Olympic vibe. There were people who had flown from around the world to be there to support their country and get the Olympic experience.
I hope there will be many more chances for me to see the Olympics live in my future!
Click Here for Pictures
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment