Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 not so random things

I got one of those chain type deals on Facebook from an old friend from high school. She took hers to be more of internal thoughts that were not so random and I decided to do the same.

Here goes...


1. I am *addicted* to reality shows on TV. In my defense, I’m a sociology major so I can't help it!

2. I want to buy a cabin in the woods that I can retreat to regularly.

3. I have a love/hate relationship with mountaineering but I continue to do it because it is painful (I guess I’m a masochist at heart) and it challenges me in ways I have never been challenged before.

4. I love cooking and wish I did it more often.

5. My new goal (as of yesterday) is to run the Seattle Rock & Roll half marathon in June. I have never run more than 4 miles in my life and I’ll have to run 13 for the half.

6. I love Seattle and feel like moving here was one of the best things that has ever
happened to me. It is truly my home and where I am meant to be.

7. I feel weird being in Atlanta and being around my mom’s side of the family because I’m “so Seattle” and they do not try to relate to my life only tease me for it.

8. I love that I can talk to my mom about anything without her passing judgment. It’s nice to have her as a parental sounding board and best friend. My stepmom is also a great sounding board and talks reason into both my dad and I's stubborn selves.

9. When I refer to my parents in any context I am always referring to my Dad and Stepmom. That makes me feel guilty but it's really how I feel.

10. Tom is like my brother and the best roommate I could ask for. I hope one day I can return the support and kindness he has offered me throughout our friendship. He is family and my best friend.

11. Joining the WAC last season led me to find some of my best friends I’ve had in Seattle. Thank you Cheri, Jef, Lace, Andy, and Ira – you’ve made my life more fun and adventurous. I look forward to all of our future adventures together!

12. I hate when people are late. Hate it.

13. Rock climbing is the first sport I’ve done that I’m naturally good at and absolutely love.

14. I appreciate every person on my friends list... you have all had a profound influence on my life, whether you know it or not. Whether you were in the grade above me or a sibling of a classmate… You have all helped me get to who I am today… Thanks =)

15. Jeff Hicks is one of my favorites. He has brought much laughter and fun into my life since I met him. Thank you.

16. Cheri has quickly become one of my best friends. I can’t imagine my life without her friendship. I’ve never told her that but I think she knows. Plus, you gotta love that badunkadunk ;)

17. I voted for Obama and I’m proud of it.

18. I wish I had more ski days in this season but the damn snow just won’t fall. Oh well, there is always next season.

19. I do not miss living in Atlanta but I do miss my family.

20. I am happy for my sister even though I was shocked at first. I am here to support her and I love her.

21. I voted for Obama and I’m proud of it.

22. I can’t wait to graduate from UW in March!

23. I’m secretly in love with my car. It’s just so speedy and beautiful.

24. Matt Clifton is one of my favorite people to hang with in Seattle. He’s smart, witty, great to get advice from whether it’s life, love, or climbing.

25. Moving to Seattle has changed my life. I have had ups and downs and I have accomplished a lot when I could have let myself fail, but I didn’t. I want to thank everyone in my life that has been there for me, made a positive impact on my life, or helped me navigate the rough waters that are part of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RE: #5. Will you be running it in high heels? Hope you feel better soon